Servelec Technologies, a market-leading global provider of end-to-end telemetry products and systems, is pleased to announce the release of the latest version of its TWinSoft suite. TWinSoft is an easy-to-use and intuitive Windows application which is used to configure TBox remote telemetry units. The wizards, simple dialogue boxes and templates allow users to rapidly build their applications and dynamically control communication, alarms, data logging and logic, locally or remotely.
TWinSoft also includes WebForm Studio which allows users to create dynamic embedded HTML5 web pages using a graphical editor and limited software experience. The new features of TWinSoft include:
- Security improvements resulting in TBox devices successfully passing the Achilles level 1 standard, including updated firewall features to prevent brute force, DoS and DDoS attacks.
- A HTTP web-service interface which allows the user to easily query TBox data.
- Additional time settings to protect against large time shifts.
- Dynamic DNS new IP address detection.
- Indication of active/inactive interface.
- UTC time format available in localisation menu.
- DHCP option now available as runtime parameters.
- New VPN connection diagnostics.
- New system variables to notify time changes, battery failure and system reboots.
- Configurable FTP report name and filename.
- Scheduling of monthly periodic events.
For more information and to download TWinSoft v12.0, click here (access requires an account for the Servelec Technologies Support Portal, which can be created by following the link).
The TBox range of powerful RTU solutions for remote automation and monitoring enables the complete integration of SCADA, telemetry and control functionality in a single, scalable package. By combining advanced telemetry and web capabilities, TBox RTUs simplify systems engineering and reduce installation costs by up to 50% compared to systems that combine PLC, communications and SCADA components.
Following the release of the update, Servelec Technologies’ Development and Support Director, Matthew Hawkridge said: "This latest release for our TWinSoft configuration application includes new features and improvements to existing tools which make the powerful TBox range of RTUs more secure and easy to use.
“For example, the security improvements mean that TBox devices are now tested to Achilles 1 standard, providing our critical infrastructure clients peace of mind. While the HTTP web-service interface is a powerful new feature allowing the user to query their network of TBox devices and enabling machine-to-machine (M2M) communication.”
Servelec Technologies is a market-leading global provider of end-to-end hardware and software products and systems. We deliver efficiency savings to customers’ business operations, by creating systems to collect, communicate and exploit data. To find out more about Servelec Technologies TBox RTU range, please click here.
Division: Servelec Technologies
Category: TWinSoft, TBox, Product release, Servelec Technologies