Salary Range: Up to £35,000 DOE
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Development team, working on both our server side stack and user interfaces for our SCOPE product suite.
There’s something distinctive about knowing your hard work and talents are helping projects come to life. The chance to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. The prospect of being surrounded by smart, ambitious, motivated people, day-in and day-out. That’s the kind of work you can expect to do at Servelec Technologies.
In this exciting period of growth, Servelec Technologies have a great opportunity for you to use your experience in software development and get involved in the further development and enhancement of our SCOPE products. In this role, you will be an active member of the team and can expect to work on a range of projects and support the development of our SCOPE product suite.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing software solutions to meet the company’s requirements.
- Implementing and testing project deliverables.
- Contributing to SCRUM meetings, providing updates on project progress.
- Design, coding, test automation and documentation
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a results-driven individual, able to innovate in a fast-paced environment, with a “hands-on” approach to accomplish the work. You should be accountable, and have an appetite to try new approaches.
You should have a positive, can do attitude, enjoy building personal relationships with both internal and external partners and see yourself as a true advocate of the Brand.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Relevant degree in computing or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- A good foundation in software design and development skills and practices.
- Some knowledge and experience of the following areas :
- Experience of C/C+, Java or C#
- Other high level languages
- Cloud based technology ( eg: AWS, Azure )
- Some knowledge of front-end frameworks eg: Angular, React.
- Experience of development environments e.g. Eclipse, Intellij etc.
- Experience of code management and revision control systems ( svn / GIT )
- An understanding of communications protocols - practical experience of their development and troubleshooting would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of database concepts - experience of ORACLE/SQL Server/PostgreSQL advantageous
- Knowledge of one or more variants of the Linux operating system and scripting languages
- Relevant industry experience (not essential)
- Flexible, ‘Can do’ attitude
- Demonstrable experience of taking ownership for delivery of tasks responsible for
- Strong Communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Good writing, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn, to investigate and think laterally
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with a friendly personality
What we will offer you in return;
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, flexible hours, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees, and more.
At Servelec Technologies, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply for this position