Salary Range: DOE
About the Role
We are looking for a Software Developer to help support our Waterloo office and be a key member of the on-site team. The Software Developer will take part in the development of the embedded software for our real-time tele-control systems. They will work on highly innovative projects in a friendly environment where the focus is on excellence and efficiency.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coding and implementing communication protocols via ADD On’s
- Participate in the implementation of the (common) embedded software suite(s)
- Participate in the drawing of the common interface for all RTU’s software and systems
- Draw ad hoc documentation (in English will also be required)
- Other tasks or duties as may be required from time to time.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be highly motivated, results-driven individual, who is able to prioritise and manage a busy workload in a fast-paced environment.
You should have be enthusiastic, motivated to see a job well done, and enjoy building personal relationships across the business and with our customers on site and remotely.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Experience in real time, communication, embedded systems and Linux.
- Experience in a similar industry is ideal, but not essential
- The ability to proactively contribute within a project team working environment
- Detail oriented to provide quality technical documentation
- The to write technical documentation
- High standard of written and oral communication in English and French.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with a proactive approach to continuous improvement
What we will offer you in return;
Our benefits include a competitive salary, 20 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible hours and more.
At Servelec Technologies, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Apply for this position