Salary Range: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join our growing, busy team based in Eckington, and to provide a leading role within the Projects team on the implementation and delivery of systems based on customer specifications.
Servelec Technologies is a leader in real-time automation and business optimisation solutions to a range of markets. We have built out customer base over a period of 40 years to companies in the water industry and other national infrastructure organisations. Servelec Technologies is comprised of a diverse, creative and hard-working team wholly dedicated to high standards of service.
As Senior Design Engineer, you will be part of a wider team and be comfortable leading and providing guidance to other team members on delivering SCADA/ Telemetry or control systems. Typical activities in this role could include (dependent on experience) all aspects of the project lifecycle including the preparation of documentation (Functional Specifications, Test Specifications), system design, system software, configuration and implementation, testing, and commissioning on site.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Previous IT experience in a similar performing an engineering design role in an IT or software based business role is preferred but not essential, as relevant training would be provided.
- Experience of Unit/Integrated Testing through to Client Witness, Site Testing and Commissioning
- Experience of IT Systems Implementation (Required)
- Design and Topology configuration
- Experience of Hardware and Software implementation (Required)
- Knowledge of RTU and PLC equipment (not essential)
- Knowledge of relevant database and operating Systems (Linux, Oracle, SQL) (Advantageous)
- Relevant industry experience (not essential)
- Flexible, ‘Can do’ attitude
- Demonstrable experience of taking ownership for delivery of tasks responsible for
- Strong Communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Good writing, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn, to investigate and think laterally
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with a friendly personality
What will you get in return:
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, flexible hours, life cover, employee referral bonuses, employee share save scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply for this position