Reference #: TE.MAK.091118-1
Salary Range: £60,000 - £80,000 (or Euro equivalent)
We are looking for two talented Key Account Managers (one UK and one Europe) to play a vital role within the Key Accounts Team and have responsibility for building and maintaining long term relationships with a number of assigned key customers.
As a Key Account Manager you will drive growth in sales and profit across the Servelec Technologies range of products, applications and services, and develop client insight that supports the development of a differentiated sales proposition and adds value for the customer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be the lead role in client management, planning and co-ordinating engagement to build relationships between key individuals in Technologies and within the customer organisation.
- Plan and implement sales strategies that align with business objectives and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure commercial objectives are delivered.
- Developing a deep understanding of the assigned account(s) business needs and drivers, decision making process, buying behaviours and any challenges faced now and in the future, including helping to inform roadmap developments.
- Delivering against agreed sales targets and direct sales responsibility for all products; acting as the single point of contact through the sales cycle.
- Act as the customer champion (Voice of the Customer – VOC) to align the business to customer issues and lead the development and delivery of specifically tailored value propositions that meet the needs and challenges of the customer.
- Solutions will cover the entire product lines, consisting of RTU products, Telemetry / SCADA systems, business optimisation software and account supporting project implementation and specialist consultancy services.
- Plan the engagement, generate pipeline and convert business opportunities ensuring we have effective winning strategies in place.
- Promote Technologies as a trusted brand and demonstrate proficiency in sales and a thorough knowledge of the product line and its applications.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the business and contribute to the Key Account Manager processes and tools including CRM, to maximize opportunities and convert into wins.
- Participate in the development of sales strategies and help identify target accounts and opportunities within the strategic framework of the business.
- Monitor competitor activity in each account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated. Develop and nurture connections with 3rd parties (end users, consulting engineers, contractors, manufacturers of “adjacent’ equipment) who have, or could have, significant influence on assigned strategic accounts.
- Engage the customer in new product/service development initiatives and ensure Key Accounts are at the forefront in customer focus groups in new technology development.
- To succeed in this role, you will need to be a results-driven individual, able to innovate in a fast-paced environment and confident in deploying an independent yet structured approach to energetically winning and developing new business and relationships.
- You should be accountable, have good problem solving abilities and be confident with advanced negotiation and communication skills.
- You should have a positive, can do attitude, enjoy building effective relationships with both internal and external customers and be comfortable presenting to others - even translating complex situations into clear and understandable terms.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Demonstrable and a proven track record in Key Account Management, Sales and Project Management is essential to be successful in this role
- Positive track record of success in generating and managing a pipeline of opportunities including major bid management (>£1m).
- You will have exemplary skills in interpreting technical data to be able to penetrate existing and target accounts successfully and grow market share.
- Knowledge of the Public Utilities, Power, O&G, transportation and/or Waters sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- The ability to engage at all levels of the business Evidence of strategic thinking and the ability to identify new and growth opportunities.
- Ability to understand and use business supporting tools.
What we will offer you in return:
Our benefits include a competitive salary, sales incentive scheme, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible hours, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees, and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply for this position