Reference #: TE.HRA.20112018-1
Salary Range: Up to £25,000.00
Are you a HR Assistant / Advisor looking for your next challenge?
What will you be doing?
The HR Advisor will provide advice, guidance, administrative support and coaching on policies and procedures that cover the full employment life cycle. This is a varied HR generalist role acting as the HR first point of contact, advising managers on HR related matters, delivery and completion of all HR administrative tasks including contracts and benefits, and maintaining the HR Information System. In addition the HR Advisor will be involved in the implementation of the Servelec Technologies People Plan, including projects and initiatives relating to employee engagement, reward, performance and training and development. This role will support all locations across the Servelec Technologies business and occasional travel may be required.
- Act as the HR first point of contact for line managers and employees, providing timely and appropriate advice on policies, practices and employment benefits.
- HR administrative tasks for the complete employee life cycle
- Act as the link between HR and UK Payroll to ensure all changes for payroll are accurately communicated in a timely manner.
- Involvement in the recruiting process as appropriate: working closely with the Head of HR and Recruiting Manager to ensure all vacancies have full approval, assisting with advertising, tracking of candidates, interviewing and hiring decisions.
- Welcome all New Hires, providing support to managers for effective introduction of new hires to the business and ensuring they are set up on the appropriate benefits schemes, pensions, systems etc.
- Maintenance of data in the HR Information System and employee files, ensuring accuracy and input of all changes in a timely manner.
- Participate in projects and on-going initiatives to raise levels of employee engagement, making recommendations for new initiatives and continuous improvement of existing programs and processes.
- Act as HR Representative in disciplinary, grievance, absence management, performance matters as assigned, providing support and guidance to line managers and escalating complex issues to the Head of HR.
- Coach Managers in applying employee related policies, processes, tools and measures.
- Provision of Payroll and HR information system reports as required.
- Support the coordination of the performance review process and monitor it for completion and effectiveness, recommending and potentially delivering instructional training to managers and staff as required.
- Work closely with the Head of HR to support the implementation of the people plan and all related project and activities.
- Provide monthly reporting and data as required
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Demonstrable experience in a generalist HR role, including HR Administration
- Experience of advising and coaching Line Managers and employees
- Previous experience of working in a small HR team
- Previous experience of implementing a new idea or way of working Providing remote support to employees and/ or Managers Skills and Abilities
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and HR best practice
- Good understanding of the recruitment process
- Confident with all Microsoft packages, social media and exposure to HR Information systems
- Coaching Personal Attributes
- Be a logical thinker who is able to solve problems.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity, with the ability to act as a Trusted Advisor to all employees and Managers
- Personable and skilled at reading people and situations.
- Be organised and meticulous in your work
- Good communicator and comfortable engaging with people across the world in a variety of different situations
- Confident at presenting information to a group of people
- Have a positive, can do attitude – actively seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Cultural fluency -actively seeks to understand cultural differences and sensitivities
Knowledge and Educational Achievements
Associate member of the CIPD or higher, or experience with a generalist HR role.
What will you get in return?
What's in it for you? Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more.
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Please note that Servelec do not use external recruitment agencies. Our resourcing specialist does all recruitment in house.Apply for this position