Salary Range: £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Support Engineer to join our busy team based in Eckington, south of Sheffield to provide support to our diverse range of bespoke software solutions.
Servelec Technologies is a leader in real-time automation and business optimisation solutions to a range of markets. We have built out customer base over a period of 40 years to companies in the water industry and other national infrastructure organisations. Servelec is comprised of a diverse, creative and hard-working team wholly dedicated to high standards of service.
As an Assistant Support Engineer, the role will be to provide excellent customer service including investigating and resolving a broad range of technical issues. These duties will require performing software upgrades both remotely and on site, whilst ensuring that all items are dealt with within the SLA framework and helpdesk records and software version databases are correctly maintained.
What will you be doing?
- Troubleshooting and resolving software and operating system issues
- Installation and configuration of core product suite
- Progressing customer support call incidents within SLA framework
- Executing remote facilities management system health checks
- Updating helpdesk records and the software version database
- Producing and contribute to high quality customer service reports
- Undertaking training as required by regulated industries
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Appropriate A-Levels or relevant commercial experience in a similar I.T. role
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to use initiative both on your own and as part of a team and must be confident to question
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a proven ability to effectively engage with customers
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Be well organised and have a proactive approach
- Good understanding of Linux Redhat / UNIX Operating Systems
- Some understanding of network technologies and principals including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs VPNs and firewalls.
- A full UK driving licence
- Working knowledge of the use of virtualisation/hypervisor technology such as VMWare / Proxmox
- RDBMS experience (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
- System security analysis, penetration testing, CVSS scoring, threat analysis
What will you get in return:
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, an attractive pension, flexible hours, life cover, employee referral bonuses, employee share save scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec Technologies, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientationApply for this position